STRACHAN, Alexander Minister of Keig, Reverend Mr 1 2
- Baptised: 12 April 1696, Saint Nicholas parish, Aberdeen, Scotland 2 3
- Marriage (1): WILSON, Elizabeth on 26 April 1738 in Saint Nicholas parish, Aberdeen, Scotland 1
- Died: 10 October 1771
Old Parish Register
Saint Nicholas Parish Aberdeen
"12 April 1696
James Strachan Paisterer and Janet Hay his spouse had an son named Alexander baptised by Mr Andrew Brown minister, Alexander Ragg present bailie Alexander Strachan late Dean of Guild Mr Alexander Thomson advocat Alexander Pyper merchant Godfathers"
(at St Clement's or Footdee in 1731)
"ALEXANDER STRACHAN, pres. 21st July, and ord. 28th Aug. 1731; trans. to Keig 30th April 1740."
(at keig in 1740)
"ALEXANDER STRACHAN, born 1696, son of James S., plasterer, Aberdeen; educated at Marischal College, Aberdeen, 1712-16; licen, by Presb. of Fordoun 21st March 1722; ord. to Footdee 28th Aug. 1731; called 30th Jan., trans, and adm. 30th April 1740; his house was entered on the morning of 16th Oct. 1746, by a party of armed men, who robbed him of his watch, clothes, silver, etc.; died 10th Oct. 1771. He marr. 26th April 1738, Elizabeth Wilson, who died 27th Aug. 1789, aged 82, and left £50 to the poor of the parish."
all from Fasti Ecclesiae 4
Noted events in his life were:
• Education, 1712-1716, Marischal College, Aberdeen.
• Licensed by Presbytery of Fordoun, 21 March 1722.
• ordained to Footdee, 28 August 1731.
• Trans. and adm, 30 April 1740.
• Robbed by armed men, 16 October 1746. His house was entered and his watch, silver, clothes etc stolen.
Alexander married Elizabeth WILSON on 26 April 1738 in Saint Nicholas parish, Aberdeen, Scotland.1 (Elizabeth WILSON was born about 1707 and died on 27 August 1789.)