HOWIE, Lybra 1 2 3
- Baptised: 6 July 1623, Kilsyth parish, Stirlingshire, Scotland 2 3
- Marriage (1): WATT, John in Easter Glentore, New Monkland 1
- Died: Before 9 August 1665 1
User ID: C708.
from Births and Baptisms
Old Parish Registers
Kilsyth parish Stirlingshire
5 (from previous entry)
Also Lybra baptised to Johne howie in Lenzie witness James howie & allexr jack" 2 3
OTHERS IN GLENTORE
The Legal records - Wills and testaments section on the Scotland's People site also lists some other names as being based in Glentore at this time:
- "Scott, Jonet 8/11/1655 and Margaret, only daughters to umquhile John S. in Glentoire, who was eldest lawful son to umquhile Malcolm S. there, parish of Monkland TD Glasgow Commissary Court CC9/7/32"
- "Allane, Robert 4/9/1671 in Glentore, parish of New Monkland TD Hamilton & Campsie Commissary Court CC10/5/8"
- "Crafuird, John 12/11/1673 in Wester Glentore, parish of Monkland TD Hamilton & Campsie Commissary Court CC10/5/8"
- "Scott, Malcolme 25/8/1674 in Glentoir, parish of Monklan TD Hamilton & Campsie Commissary Court CC10/5/8"
- "Shaw, Georg 8/1/1680 in Wester Glentore, parish of East Monkland TD Hamilton & Campsie Commissary Court CC10/5/9"
from Wills and Testaments
'Lybra' is not a commonly used forename in Scottish records, but it does appear before 1623, in this spelling and as 'Libra':
spouse to Mr. John Hammiltoune of Barnecluyth
Hamilton & Campsie Commissary Court CC10/5/2"
spous to Mr William Bell, merchand burgess of Glasgow
Testament Dative and Inventory
Glasgow Commissary Court CC9/7/17"
spouse to John Couper tailor in Toun of Stanehouse
testament testamentar & inventory
Lanark Commissary Court CC14/5/2"
The above are from Wills and Testaments, but there are many more in Births and Baptisms, and Marriages, mainly in the middle or east of Scotland, before 1623. 1 4
Lybra married John WATT in Easter Glentore, New Monkland.1 (John WATT in Easter Glentore, New Monkland was born about 1615 and died between 9 August 1665 and 12 August 1670 1.)
spouse to John Watt in Easter Glentoir, parish of Monkland
Hamilton & Campsie Commissary Court
from Wills and Testaments 1