|GRAY, Thomas of Mamewlay, Provost of Aberdeen
User ID: Z866.
"Provost Thomas Gray was the second son of Patrick Gray, burgess, and was himself admitted a Guild brother on the 13th January, 1604."
Noted events in his life were:
• Admitted: Guild brother, 13 January 1604, Aberdeen, Scotland. 1
• Graduated: MA, 1622, Marischal College, Aberdeen, Scotland. 6 "Thomas Gray of Mamewlay (M.A. Mar Coll., 1622)"
• Provost, 1645-1646, of Aberdeen. 1
• Provost, 1648, of Aberdeen. 1
• Provost, 1655, of Aberdeen. 1
"The Provost was married to Isobel Farquhar, daughter of John Farquhar of Noram, and a niece of Sir Robert Farquhar of Mounie."
1 e-books, Memorials of the Aldermen, Provosts, Lord Provosts of Aberdeen 1272-1895 by A. M. Munro (1897).
2 GRO Scotland, OPR Index of Marriages.
3 e-books, The Irvines of Drum and Collateral Branches by Jonathan Forbes-Leslie (1909).
4 GRO Scotland, OPR Index of Births and Baptisms.
5 Internet Site, http://archaeol.wwwnlls6.a2hosted.com/ Discovery and Excavation in Scotland ed. Colleen E.Batey with Jennifer Ball.
Internet Site, https://calm.abdn.ac.uk/archives GB 0231 University of Aberdeen, Special Collections Ref No MARISCHAL/5/1/3/6/1.