1. GARTSHORE, John of That Ilk
- GARTSHORE, Patrick Of That Ilk, MP for Dunbartonshire, Captain +
- GARTSHORE, Janet
- GARTSHORE, James of That Ilk, Minister at Tranent, Parson of Cardross, Reverend Dr +
- GARTSHORE, Mary+
- GARTSHORE, Alexander of That Ilk, Merchant+
- GARTSHORE, John of Middle Blairlinn, DNA linked+
MUIRHEAD, Jean 1 2
- Born: About 1610
- Marriage (1): GARTSHORE, John of That Ilk
- Died: 1 September 1673, Lenzie parish, Dunbartonshire, Scotland 3
' The first marriage of James Muirhead (8th) of Lauchope (to Elizabeth Houstoun) produced three sons: John (known as John Muirhead of Brydinhill), James, the heir, and Thomas along with three daughters: one married to Alexander Gartsbore [sic] of that-ilk in the County of Dumbartoun; the second, Joanna, to John Crawfurd , 'Younger of Ruchsolloch' in the county of Lanark; and the third, as noted by Nisbet "to ----- Baillie of Pockemmet." The second marriage of James (to Margaret Somerville) is not known to have resulted in any children.'
Note: Other documents suggest Jean Muirhead's husband was John, not Alexander Gartshore, but he may have had more than one Christian name.
161 16 May 1623. Sasine of that part of the 5 pound land of Gartshore called the towns and lands of Easter Gartshore, the lands of Drimgrew and Craufords given by Baillie to Jean Muirhead wife of a venerable man, John Gartshore Of That Ilk. It is signed 16 May 1623. during the life of Barbera Stark mother of John Gartshore. Jean is mentioned as to the Mains of Gartshore. Same witnesses as above. Reg.28th June 1623 Fol.60 Book 1."
from Geocities web archive
Jean married John GARTSHORE of That Ilk, son of John GARTSHORE of That Ilk and Barbara STARK. (John GARTSHORE of That Ilk was born about 1600.)